What to look for when buying an air conditioner
We use air conditioning in summer and winter. As a layman, for the purchase of air conditioning, some professional terms many people do not understand. What is the main purpose of buying an air conditioner? What should I pay attention to? Have some air conditioning purchase common sense, let you become a smart consumer.
1. What do you look for when you buy an air conditioner? Usually, we buy air conditioners mainly based on the parameters of the air conditioner.
For example, look at the energy efficiency ratio
The energy efficiency ratio (EER) of air conditioning reflects the cooling (heating) capacity converted from unit input power in the process of air conditioning operation. The greater the EER of air conditioning is, the more electrical energy can be saved when the cooling capacity is equal, and the higher the energy efficiency ratio of air conditioning, the more power saving. At present, the air conditioners sold in the market adopt the new national energy efficiency standard, among which the air conditioner with grade 1 energy efficiency is the most energy-saving, the air conditioner with grade 2 energy efficiency grade is next, and the air conditioner with grade 3 energy efficiency grade is relatively low in energy conservation.
Look at the brand
The most important thing to buy an air conditioner is to look at the brand. Choosing the right brand will reduce any worries. The air conditioner quality of famous brands is guaranteed, and the after-sales system is relatively perfect. At present, the world-famous brands are the Mitsubishi Heavy Industry of Japan and LG of South Korea; domestic brands Midea, Gree, and Haier also have a place in the market.
Look at the cooling capacity
Cooling capacity is one of the parameters that must be considered when purchasing an air conditioner. If the refrigeration capacity is too large, the effect is good, but the price of the machine is high, the cooling capacity is too small, and the cost of purchasing the machine is low, but the effect may be much worse. In general, the cooling capacity per square meter of the ordinary family room is 115–145w, and that of the living room and dining room is 145–175w. Therefore, the living room or master bedroom with an area of about 20 square meters can choose an air conditioner with a cooling capacity of about 3500W, while other bedrooms with an area of about 10 square meters can choose an air conditioner with a cooling capacity of about 2000W. Users can calculate according to the area of their own house and choose the most suitable air conditioner for them.
Frequency conversion or fixed frequency
Frequency conversion air conditioning has advantages in the use of comfort, energy-saving, operation noise, and other aspects. From the current market situation, frequency conversion air conditioning is the mainstream air conditioning products. For the specific difference between frequency conversion air conditioning and fixed frequency air conditioning, please refer to the article “comprehensive comparison of frequency conversion air conditioning and fixed frequency air conditioning”.
Single cooler or heater
General air conditioners are both cold and warm, and the model labels are KFR and kfrd. If there is special heating equipment in winter and you don’t need to use air conditioning for heating, you can buy a single chiller. There is no r in the model label, so the price is much cheaper.
Remember to buy air conditioning grades
Take the split type constant speed air conditioner with rated cooling capacity less than or equal to 4500W as an example, the energy efficiency limit value has been increased from the original energy efficiency ratio of 2.60 to the current 3.20, and the index of other types of air conditioners has also been increased by 0.60. The energy efficiency limit value is actually the minimum energy-saving standard for air conditioning on the market, and air conditioners lower than this energy efficiency ratio cannot be sold on the market.
In the old five energy efficiency grades, only air conditioners with energy efficiency grades 1 and 2 can be regarded as energy-saving products and can enjoy national energy-saving subsidies. So, after the implementation of the new national energy efficiency level 3, how many levels of air conditioning can be considered as energy-saving products? Experts say that in terms of level, it is still level 1 and level 2, but the energy efficiency standards of the two “level 1 and level 2” are completely different. Take the split constant speed air conditioner with rated cooling capacity less than or equal to 4500W as an example. The energy efficiency ratio requirement of the old level 2 is 3.20, which is equivalent to the requirement of the new level 3. The energy efficiency ratio requirement of the old level 1 is 3.40, which is only equivalent to the new level 2, which is the energy-saving evaluation value of the new national standard, while the energy efficiency ratio requirement of the new level 1 is increased from the old 3.40 to 3.60
Experts remind consumers when purchasing air conditioners, they should first look at the energy efficiency level. At present, the fixed speed air conditioners sold in the market must adopt the new national energy efficiency standard, that is, the energy efficiency grade is divided into three levels, of which grade 1 and level 2 are energy-saving products, and they can also enjoy energy-saving subsidies. The energy-saving effect of grade 1 products is the best. Experts also pointed out that due to the implementation of the new national standard soon, it is not ruled out that there are bad manufacturers or sellers who continue to sell the inventory marked with the old energy efficiency level, especially in small home appliance stores or rural markets. Consumers should pay more attention to it. If they see grade 5 constant speed air conditioners with grade 3, 4 and 5, they are not recommended to buy, because the energy-saving effect of these products does not meet the requirements of the new national standard and are eliminated High energy consumption products.
2、 When buying an air conditioner, first of all, remember three principles before purchasing.
1. Because of the difference in room state and regional climate, as well as the plan for extreme weather, you should buy a large air conditioner instead of a small one.
2. Because the heating effect of air conditioning is lower than that of refrigeration, and the applicable area in winter is less than that in summer. When you buy an air conditioner, you should take the heating index as the criterion, so you should choose the air conditioner according to the applicable area in winter. Of course, if the purchase of single cooling air conditioning, it should be based on the applicable area in summer.
3. When you buy an air conditioner, you should know the energy efficiency ratio of the air conditioner, and the energy efficiency ratio of the air conditioner = the cooling capacity × the cooling power. Therefore, the air conditioner with the same number of units should choose the one with high EER and the one with low specific energy efficiency.
Precautions for purchasing air conditioner:
1. Air conditioning is the most power-consuming household appliances. It is necessary to avoid the misunderstanding of buying cheap with less money. However, many cheap air conditioners will make their actual expenses much more after they are used. However, if they spend more money on electricity-saving, they may save much more electricity in the future than when they buy.
2. In the USA, there are many well-known brands of household appliances, and quality is very good. If you query a lot of knowledge on the Internet or netizens, you will get many different answers. On the contrary, you have no idea what to buy.