What Are The Foods To Avoid With Arthritis And Gout?
Which foods have high purine content and low purine content, what should I pay attention to?
Today’s topic is What are the foods to avoid with arthritis and gout? A high-purine diet is one of the main reasons for gout attacks. It is the first cause in women and the second cause in men. Therefore, understanding which foods are rich in purines is for friends with abnormal blood uric acid, Is very important, today we will talk about this aspect.
Why does a high-purine diet lead to increased blood uric acid?
Uric acid is a metabolite in the blood, and its source is mainly from two aspects: one is synthesized in the body, accounting for about 80% of the total uric acid in the body; the other 20% is mainly derived from food. Uric acid derived from food is the result of the transformation of purines in the body.
Uric acid in the blood reaches saturation at 420. If the level of uric acid continues to rise, excess uric acid will be precipitated from the blood and deposited in various parts of the body, especially the formation of urate crystals in the joints. When the level of uric acid fluctuates, it is easy to induce gout attacks.
In addition to easily triggering gout attacks, elevated blood uric acid can also cause renal damage; aggravate hypertension, diabetes, and hyperlipidemia; cause a series of harms such as cardiovascular and cerebrovascular accidents. Due to these hazards of hyperuricemia, doctors now refer to hyperuricemia and hypertension, diabetes, and hyperlipidemia as the “four highs”.
At present, the incidence of hyperuricemia in my country is about 10%, which means that there are about 120 million people with abnormal uric acid levels, and they have shown a trend of the younger generation in recent years. In addition to genetic factors, dietary factors have become the main reason.
Due to the changes in our current diet and lifestyle, many children have experienced elevated uric acid levels. I also see 3 to 5 young people with hyperuricemia every week. Most of them are obese, indicating that the main reason for their hyperuricemia is their intake of a large amount of purine-rich foods.
Which foods are rich in purines? Today, I will take a careful inventory for you.
Which foods are rich in purines?
According to the difference of purine content per 100 grams, we divide the food into three categories:
- high purine content food,
- medium purine content food and
- low purine content food.
Purine content food:
- Low purine content: Per 100 grams of food material is below 50 mg.
- Medium purine content food: The purine content per 100 grams of food is between 50 and 150 mg.
- Foods with high purine content: Per 100 grams of food, the purine content is above 150 mg.
Foods with low purine content are more suitable for gout friends.
Foods with medium purine content can be consumed in moderation during the remission period of gout.
For foods with High-purine content, friends with gout try not to eat them.
- Foods with high purine content: mullet, silver carp, squid, oysters, sardines, saury, anchovies, dried flat fish, scallops, hairtail.
- Foods with medium purine content: tuna, crab, sea bass, squid, eel, eel, clams, flounder, saury, crucian carp, carp, shrimp.
- Foods with low purine content: sea cucumber, jellyfish skin, mandarin fish.
- Foods with high purine content: horse meat, goose meat, beef liver, pigskin, chicken liver, duck liver, sheep spleen.
- Foods with medium purine content: pig heart, pig brain, tripe, pigeon, beef, lamb, rabbit meat, duck intestines, lean pork, chicken gizzards, pork belly, pig kidney, pork loin, chicken breast, venison, chicken heart, Duck meat, pig lungs, chicken legs, duck heart.
- Foods with low purine content: pigskin, pig blood.
Since the purines in meat are easily absorbed by the human body, even foods with medium purine content should not be consumed too much. Try not to consume more than 100 grams per day.
- Foods with high purine content: bean sprouts.
- Foods with medium purine content foods: red beans, tofu, pinto beans, dried tofu, mung beans, peas, soybeans, kidney beans.
- Foods with low purine content: soy milk, kidney beans, bean sprouts.
Most legume foods are low-to-medium purine foods. The tofu that we often eat in our daily life, although it is a food with a medium purine content, a lot of purines have been washed away with water during its production process. Therefore, the purine content of tofu is not high. As long as the intake is moderate, it will not increase gout. Occurrence rate.
*** Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family ***
Originally published at https://uricacidandgout.blogspot.com on November 3, 2020.